Can I do this on my Denon 3805?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Aaron Gould, May 28, 2004.

1. Aaron Gould

Aaron Gould Stunt Coordinator

Aaron Gould
    Can I have one video source selected, while listening to an audio source on a different input?

Lets say I want to watch TV (on the "DBS" video input), and wanted to listen to music on my computer (on the "V.Aux" input). I often watch sports events on TV, but listen to MP3s on my computer.

My old Onkyo receiver allowed this, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it on the Denon...

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    With My Yamaha, when you select an audio-only input, the picture from the last-selected video input stays on-screen. You might try that

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

yes

4. Aaron Gould

Aaron Gould
    Yeah, my old Onkyo worked that way -- when on a video input, you could switch to any of the audio-only inputs and hear that input while watching the previously selected video input.

But I can't seem to find a key on the remote or on the unit to toggle between audio inputs while leaving the video input alone.

The input that my computer is on is also set up for video (I have a component video out from my computer going to a component video in on the Denon); I watch DVDs/video files from my computer on the TV.

I wonder if that's preventing this from working...

5. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

page 67 of the manual
    lower left corner

[​IMG]

your remote, unfortunately, probably doesn't have this function. from what i understand, you can "teach" it this function using a 5803's remote, which does have this function.

6. Aaron Gould

Aaron Gould
    Thanks Scott.

You're right about the remote I think, I can't find it at all. I can't believe Denon would leave this off, quite an inconvenience.

At least it's possible I suppose...

7. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

my understanding is that the 5803 has this on it's remote and if you have access to one, you can let a 5803 remote teach the function to your remote via your remote's "learning" function.

i think people have gotten this function on 3rd party remotes, as well (they can be used as the "teacher", also).