1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I do better than these Infinity's at this price?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by PatrickMiller, Oct 17, 2004.

1. PatrickMiller

Crutchfield has the Alpha's on sale. I was thinking about purchasing the Alpha 20's and matching 37C Center for $450.00 then getting the free pair of Primus 150's. This would normally cost $980.00 from them! Are there deals at the moment that compare to this? Also, is it possible to use another set of the 20's as my center instead? I have issues with the 37C being rear ported into my entertainment center.Thanks!

2. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

According to this S&V .pdf review, the 37C--like some other Infinity centers I've seen--is sealed (probably to avoid exactly what you're worried about and to enable that smallish enclosure that's jammed with two 6.5" woofers to generate that 45Hz bass--a ported design would need a larger enclosure).

And that deal seems very difficult to beat & I would LOVE to own that center channel myself.

3. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

That Infinity promotion is great indeed. I got a pair of Alpha 50s, the 37C center, and the bookshelves from Circuit City for $450 (thanks to a $300 gift card).