Can I convert s-video to component?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by David Campbell, Jan 21, 2004.

1. David Campbell

David Campbell Auditioning

or is there a better solution.. here is the problem... I have a Toshiba CW 34x92 HD tv... I also have a Pioneer Elite VSX39TX Receiver.. a progressive scan DVD and a JVC S-video VCR... EVERYTHING works fine on component video except of course the VCR.. I have to change to the s-video input on the TV in order to watch it.. I have not been able to program my plethera of remotes to do it automaticly because they are smarter than I am and refuse to obey. I understand that S-video is going to still look like s-video if converted... I am just trying to simplify operation.. any ideas.. and price ranges.. thanks...

2. Devin U

Devin U Second Unit

there are recievers (Denon 3803, Yamaha 2400) that do it. Other than that, I dont know of anything else except maybe a video processor (Iscan plus or ultra maybe).

3. David Campbell

David Campbell Auditioning

well, most of my home theater equipment is less than 2 years old so I won't be replacing my receiver. the processors are kind of what I had in mind... or something similar to an rf modulator (yes I know it converts composite to rf but something along those lines)also I prefer not to break the bank... lol.. gee I want it all ..
    Thanks for the response
    Dave

4. Brian_Dunstan

Buy a Pronto (or other remote control with macros). This will allow you to hit one button and the receiver input and TV input will both change. Without the Pronto, my wife would never be able to switch from watching a DVD to watching TiVo to watching HD!