1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I connect my Mac to my Denon AVR-S910W via HDMI?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Grady Hollums, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

D.G. Hollums
    So, I just purchased my new Denon AVR-S910W, and finished mounted my Swan Diva 2.1 speakers as my front height L&R channels, and found out my Xbox One will not send out the proper signal for me to enjoy an Atmos decided Blu-Ray. So, until I can buy a new Blu-ray player (going cheaper and saving up for a new 4K Blu-ray player next year, I'd like to be able to use one of the downloadable Atmos demo trailers to play through my Denon and skip my XboxOne.

Is this possible to connect my Retna Laptop Apple Computer via HDMI into one of the HDMI inputs on the Denon, and send the proper signal into the Denon to display on my HDTV and atmos decode properly through my new Denon AVR?

Is there specific software I'd need in my Mac to play the file in the correct way for the Denon to decode it properly for Atmos? And can someone point me to a few of the Atmos downloadable trailers I can download?

Thanks in advance everyone! Blessings!

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    What connections does your particular Mac have?

Your Mac has to support (via bitstream) DD+, D-THD and DTS-HDMA. Does it?