What's new

Can I buy subwoofer speakers at a retail store? (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
I would like to buy some 15 inch subwoffer speakers, but I don't want to mail them. Any idea where I could find some in the south florida area? I want to build an IB sub. Other than the internet, I can't find any speaker supplies around here.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
If you want 15" drivers worth the effort of an IB then you'll have to order them from some place that will mail them to you. Anyone nearby is going to have pro-audio woofers (good but for a different application) or car audio woofers...typically VERY over priced. I've purchased quite a few drivers from Parts Express, Acoustic Visions, etc. and have had zero problems. What is keeping you from going this route?

- Dan

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
If you live near a JMlab dealer you could order some focal drivers
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
, but the price is definitely not cheap!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Dan's got the best advice. Even if it takes a week for the subwoofers to ship to your house, it's good to know that you've made the right decision on a proven product, paid a good price for what you are getting - plus, have plenty of us around here to ask questions for if needed.

JimHaskell

Grip
I bought a DVC 10" subwoofer from Parts Express a few years back. The first one arrived damaged -- looked like a fork lift mishap:frowning: . Anyways, they took it back, sent a new one, and covered all the shipping.;)

WilliamPC

Agent
Might want to look at some car audio subs if you must by a raw driver locally. I have been very surprised by a few Image Dynamics, Arc Audio and CDT subs that I have heard in home applications.

An Image Dynamics IDQ 15 would do very nicely. Its a SQ sub in the car audio world but in a vented enclosure tuned low (22-25hz) it can really get it on.

www.imagedynamicsusa.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks