What's new

Can I as a novice setup my home theater? (1 Viewer)

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator
Could somebody please tell me if I should call a professional in and have him setup my hometheater or can I do it. How hard is it? What I would do is buy the avia home theater dvd and a sound pressure meter and go from there. i am planning on buying an svs pb12plus/2 and I also have a 12' velodyne subwoofer. What I wanted to do istune the svs sub down to 16hz(which I ain't sure how to do). Then my other sub will tahe care of the upper freq. hz. I guess what I'm asking is how hard would setting these subs up and my other speakers be. It would save me about 200 hundred. Maybe some of you live around here and would be kind enough to give me a hand/ I live in fredericksburg,pa 17026. Thanks

amigohts

Agent
Real Name
Junior R. Mejia

Well, I am a novice too and I am planning to do it myself. I have found so much informaiton here that I think i can give it a try. Also, if you get stocked you can always come here to ask questions. Right guy! I wonder if there is any way to contribute($$) to this forum. Any one?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Calibration sounds much harder than it is. Aside from a full ISF calibration, which must be done professionally, you should have no problem calibrating for sound and picture with Avia and an SPL meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks