What's new

Can I add 2 more speakers and a sub woofer to center channel? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Swaroop
I have Onkyo TX-NR616

I originally have DefTech procinema 60 5.1 (4 satellite, 1 center and 1 sub). This setup was good.

Then I upgraded to towers. Replaced 2 of these satellites with 2 DefTech BP 8040ST towers. The 150 watt sub that came with procinema 60 5.1 is of no use, because the towers are giving good enough bass.

Now, I am trying to put these 2 satellites and spare subwoofer to best use.

Can I add these 2 satellite speakers and the sub woofer to center channel? If so please suggest how to make the connections.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It's always nice to use what you have but sometimes it's just better to leave some extra things stored in the closet. You could use the 2 satellites as Back-Surrounds for a 7.1. And I suppose you could use the speaker-level inputs on the back of the sub to connect it to the center channel output of the receiver but that really wouldn't be a good idea.

I would sell the 2 satellites, subwoofer and your present center speaker and purchase a better defTech center speaker that would have a better chance of keeping up with your fronts. And even though it sounds like the front towers are putting out plenty of bass a real subwoofer (SVS, HSU, Etc.) will show you that they aren't.

Integrating speakers where they aren't designed to go never works out as well as hoped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks