What's new

Can HT receivers drive the Divas/Rockets? (1 Viewer)

yhaq

Auditioning
Hi there,

I was looking at the specs sheet for the Rockets/Divas and noticed that the nominal impedance is 6 ohms.

I have not listened to these speakers yet. I'm sure these speakers (Diva 5.1, 6.1 or the Rocket 550, 750) would sound great if driven by separates, but has anyone been using Denon or Yamaha receivers to drive these things?

I have an RX-V 995 Yamaha, and I'm wondering if I'll have to upgrade the receiver if I decide to upgrade to the Rockets.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the Yamaha 995, do you know if it is worth it to upgrade to the Denon 3800 (in terms of driving the rockets) or would the 995 be sufficient?

Anyone use a Denon or Yamaha receiver to drive the Rockets?

Thanks for your help!

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
yhaq,
I am currently driving both my Diva's and Rockets with a Denon 1602, and they sound great. There isn't much headroom left when cranked to reference, but the Denon hangs in there fine.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Echoing what Russ said...most any quality receiver will work fine. There are many many Diva owners with Denon, Onkyo, Yammy ect receivers and are doing fine with them. I do not have any experience with the model you have unfortunately. What speakers are you using currently?

Sean

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Sean,
anyone you know driving the 750s with a B&K AVR 202 receiver? I'd love to get the chance to hear these in my system or something close. Do you know anyone who has a pair for me to audition in driving distance from Washington DC? I'd be willing to hit the road for a few hours if it's worth it!
Any idea what I could do with my Final .3 electrostats if I fell in love with the Rockets???
dave :)

ThereseFontaine

Auditioning
Have no problem driving these speakers. Have a denon 5803 and they are fine at reference levls. Plenty of headroom...

Good Luck

Therese Fontaine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks