What's new

Can Energy C-R3 surround speakers be used as all (1 Viewer)

Darcy

Auditioning
five speakers in a 5.1 setup - i.e three fronts and two rears. My reasons for this are that the semi-circular flat shape of these speakers would make them quite unobtrusive and attractive surrounding a plasma TV.

My room is reasonably large (27"x21" with 12" ceilings). I have thought about in-walls (as I am currently renovating) but would lose flexibility and maybe sound quality.

You're all probably thinking with a room that big why not get normal speakers? Well, basically its a wife and two toddler thing.

By the way I love listening to music although I am not an audiophile (if this helps.

Anyway, all thoughts, advice and recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

Darcy

MikeKeck

Grip
Well I use the C-R3's as rears and they sound great, and suprisingly can handle low frequencies pretty well (dont expect to much compared to regular mains or a subb), but I dont know how they would handle being cranked up as fronts..

Rick CH

Agent
One time I experimented with my CR3s as bookshelves in a stereo set-up. They sounded OK, but their performance was that of a smaller bookshelf, i.e. not a lot of guts. When the bi or di-pole settings were on, their imaging wasn't precise (no surprise there) so I didn't feel they projected a great soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks