What's new

Can Denon 8000 learn RF codes? (1 Viewer)

Terry Wysocki

Stunt Coordinator
I got a Denon 5800 with the 8000 remote and I'm trying to have it learn the Dish 6000 controller. Everything seems to go ok in the programming but the final result does not control the Dish. HELP!

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Terry,

There are NO remotes capable of learning RF codes. They don't exist. If you can configure your box to work on IR, then your remote can learn those codes.

Jim L

Terry Wysocki

Stunt Coordinator
So how do I teach the Denon 8000 how to control my Dish 6000? It appears to "take" the IR codes from the Dish remote, it just doesn't play them back to the 6000. The Dish guys say it's a problem with the Denon and vice versa.

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Terry,

I'm no expert on the Denon Aktis or the Dish 6000. I don't own either one. I was just commenting on your header about learning RF. Just a wild guess, but when you're trying to learn codes, do you have the Dish 6000 remote configured to output IR (not RF)? I'm assuming this device can be configured for either IR or RF control.

As an alternative, if the Aktis is capable of accepting 3 or 4 digit advanced codes, you could try to get these for your Dish 6000 at starbase314.com.

Second alternative would be to obtain the actual codes for the 6000 (from the company?) and paste the codes into your remote's computer software. I'm again, assuming the software of the Aktis allows this type of surgery.

Hope this helps,

Jim L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks