Can Circuit City Employees Help Me?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by David_Jr, Oct 24, 2003.

1. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    I purchased a Panasonic CT32SL13 32" flatscreen for $619 + TX at CC 8 days ago to replace a 27" Toshiba that died after 12 years of service. When I bought it I was told up to 7 days to come in. A similar Sony for 20 bucks less was in stock and the salesman tried to get me to take that one instead. My wife and I both preferred the picture quality of the Panny by a wide margin over the Sony and a huge margin over a cheaper flat screen Apex and we decided that we would wait. The salesman said that they had a delivery coming in the next day and the TV "might" be on there, but he couldn't make promises. So I called back a couple days later and was told that it didn't come in, but could be in on Monday's shipment and call after 5. Called Monday was told that it was in transit and should be in by Thursday. Called Thursday and was told that the TV isn't in transit as yet. Talked to CS. CSR told me that several of the same set are on backorder out of the CC warehouse. He said it won't be shipped before next week at the earliest. What should I do? Should I go for the Sony (not sure if the Sony will fit in my bedroom cabinet, a must) or should I hold out for the Panny? If I hold out, do I have any leverage as far as a break because of the wait and hassle? Any help appreciated

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I used to work at Circuit City but this answer applies to any store that doesn't deliver a special order on time. You should go back to the store and let a member of management know the details of your situation. They should offer you a discount and a guranteed delivery date, anything less and you should take your business elsewhere.

3. Craig

Craig Second Unit

I'd wait and get the TV I really wanted.

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Go back and tell them what happened and that you are returning / canceling the sale. See what they do to keep the sale ...

If they do nothing ... you can always buy it at another store ... later.

Regards

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

What Michael said. Why the need to stick with Circuit City? Get the same model from another retailer.

6. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Under no circumstances should you let the dealings with a store employee (especially a CC employee) deter you from getting the unit you want.

If you settle for your second choice you will always second guess yourself. You'll be sorry playing the "shoulda-coulda-woulda" game and it will detract from your enjoyment of your new unit, no matter how well it performs.

Like others said, either CC should attend to this or you should take your business elsewhere.

7. Jon_Miller

Jon_Miller Auditioning

Circuit City and Best Buy employees are incompetent fools that don't know an HDTV from a Composite Flat Screen TV

8. Dennis Heller

Dennis Heller Second Unit

I had a similar experience at my local CC (Albany, NY). I asked them about it almost daily and got the same answers you got. Today I went in and they told me a store in Mass. had three and they'd get one from them for me. I should have it tomorrow, so they say. You should ask them if they can do that. I wouldn't get a TV you don't want.

9. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    Dennis,
    That is the same store where I purchased mine. I'm a 45 minute drive from them, that's why I kept calling. Did they offer you any kind of a break?

10. Dennis Heller

Dennis Heller Second Unit

They didn't offer me a break, but I didn't ask for one, either. I also don't think I was put off as much as you were. Ultimately, it worked out because I got the TV today, which is when I expected it.