What's new

CAN b&W CDM1NT HANDLE IT (1 Viewer)

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
i WAS WANDERIING IF THEIRS A DRAWBACK WITH USING CDM1NT CDM CENTER IN A HOME THEATER CAN THEY HANDLE THE RIGORS OF THAT? I ALSO HAVE A SET OF STUDIO 8O AND STUDIO CENTER WHICH WOULD BE THE BEST FOR HOME THEATER/ IM USING A SVS 20-39CS SUB WITH THEM AND THINK THE PARADIGMS MIGHT BE BETTER

RajeeK

Second Unit
A 1NT should be just fine. It is basically a CNT with a differernt enclosure. It's specifications are basically the same as a CNT also, but a CNT is rated down to 50Hz where a 1NT goes to 60Hz. There is an extra front port on the CNT which lets it go a bit lower.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Just be sure that it will not be too close to a TV. I do not believe it is magnetically sheilded. I almost returned my new vvega, till I realized my 603 was distorting the heck out of the picture. duh!

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
It is kind of confusing sorry what i was asking is which would be better cdm1nt plus cdmc or paradigm studio 80 plus center for home theater

RajeeK

Second Unit
It is kind of confusing sorry what i was asking is which would be better cdm1nt plus cdmc or paradigm studio 80 plus center for home theater
Ah, ok. Well I personally auditioned both systems in that configuration. I liked the B&W setup much better. Had a more open and airy sound to me, so I went with B&W's.

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for that reply i happen to own both sets and tried the paradigms in place of the b&ws last night guess what the B&w are back in place what was i thinking? they sounded so much better than the paradigms. guess i got to onload the paradigms.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
I prefer the B&Ws. That's where I'd spend my money. In fact, I already did spend my money on B&Ws.

However, I also reccomend people look at the Paradigms as well. You have a couple of good choices.

Ned

Supporting Actor
I had studio 60's + studio CC. Returned them after 3 days and got the CDM 1NT+CNT.
Everyone needs to just find the speaker that suits them. Some like B+W, some find the treble too harsh. Some like Klipsch, others hate them. Nobody is wrong unless it's Bose ;)

Gil D

Supporting Actor
CNT is a very good center speaker for the money. I iked it better than the Paradigm center but the Studio Series is a good line(actually my 2nd choice a few years ago). Just prefered the B&W a bit more.

If you go B&W I'd try to stretch the budget to CDM7NT mains though if I could. CDM7 is more comparable to the Studio 60's. But just for HT probably not all that much difference between floorstanders and monitors with the sub.

But don't listen to us, go with what YOU like.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Right. We don't want any of those B&W vs. Paradigm wars, do we. They're just a waste of time and effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks