What's new

Can audessy auto setup be trusted for Denon 1912? (1 Viewer)

kanti

Grip
Real Name
wirayut sae-chu
Well just picked up Denon AVR-1912, Even though pioneer VSK1021 is better looking and better GUI, I opted for a better sound receiver. Anyways, I was messing around with the setup and all that jazz. can audessy auto setup be trusted? Also the auto setup keep setting my Front left and right to large, and it is large. From what I read its better to set them to Small and let the sub handle the Low frequency. Now when i set mine FR/FL to small my cross freq is at 40 for some reason. I set it to 110 right now. Anything else i should watch for? There's so many options in this receiver. BTW Denon AVR-1912 sounded wayyyyy better than my Sony STR-DH710

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Run the Audyssey auto setup program and then switch the speaker settings from Large to Small and re-set the crossover to something more plausable. And it sounds like you already did that :tu: . I also wouldn't hurt to double-check the distance and level settings but those are usually pretty spot-on. Fellow member David Willow :dance: has this Audyssey setup guild. http://www.willowville.net/ht/Audyssey%20Setup%20Guide.pdf "BTW Denon AVR-1912 sounded wayyyyy better than my Sony STR-DH710" Told you so. :D

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Audyssey can be trusted as long is it is done correctly. If done incorrectly, it can make things worse. Unfortunately the choice of small vs large is not up to Audyssey. The manufacturer decides this.

kanti

Grip
Real Name
wirayut sae-chu
David Willow said:
Audyssey can be trusted as long is it is done correctly. If done incorrectly, it can make things worse. Unfortunately the choice of small vs large is not up to Audyssey. The manufacturer decides this.
seem like so, i tried setting my FR/FL to small then run auto setup and it's still setting it to large. So i guess 'll leave it as that. I'm confused on setup, after calibrate sub do i do the next calibration and skip subwoofer?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Audyssey ignores all settings when it runs. Set them to small afterwards. I don't understand your question about the sub. Are you running Audyssey with as many rounds as available in your AVR (usually 6 or 8)?

kanti

Grip
Real Name
wirayut sae-chu
6 round total until its said finish. ignore that question. Um... i was reading on the AVS forum on that setup guide. Some one mention about setting all the speakers crossover to 80. Any idea why? my current setting from audessy is Front, 120Hz Center 120hz Front Height 150Hz surround 200Hz

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
80 was a good guesstimate for most speakers before we could easily measure the actual response. Were these numbers set after running Audyssey or did you set them? What speakers are they?

kanti

Grip
Real Name
wirayut sae-chu
that's whith audessy auto setup then i put it down to 80hz

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What speakers do you have? It is not recommended to change the crossover down. First, Audyssey is not correcting anything below the crossover it found and second, that is what was actually measured in your room. By lowering the crossover you are asking your speakers to do something they are not capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks