Can anyone translate this to French?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeff, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

I know this is asking a lot, but what the heck.

I sell watches on Ebay and some guy from France is buying watches from me and reselling them for more money on Ebay France. Not a big deal; people do that all the time...But I figure I should put these watches up on Ebay France myself. So I was wondering if anyone could translate some of this text to French. (Probably best it's not French Canadian).

"Why Pay More? Get The Best Deal Here!"

The next one is kind of long so a simplified version is fine.

"From a new company called THIX, this is one of the most original watches to come out in awhile. Its innovative dual display and round bracelet design makes this watch a real eye catcher. It has all the usual functions of today's digital watches, plus 24 hour mode, alarm, hourly chine, stop watch, and a nice blue EL. The size of this watch is perfect and it is not over sized or small; fitting from a 6 to 8 inch wrist. Its mostly stainless steel construction is very heavy and has a very high quality build and the twin displays have a nice dot matrix readout. It's signed "THIX" on the side in black, engraved, writing and the clasp on the back is very innovative; you can't really see where the band separates to open up. This watch is brand new and comes with it's box and instructions. You will have a hard time finding these anywhere, except right here, so be the first to wear one of these beauties and you'll drive your friends crazy because they can't find one!"

"Watch ships from Canada for $13US. Please specify Polished or Brushed"

Any help is appreicated, thanks!

Jeff

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Well, you could run it through the Google language tool and see what cockeyed syntax/vocab it gives you. Maybe the buyers will have such a good laugh they'll buy the watches. [​IMG]

3. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Why Pay More? = Pourquoi Payez Plus?

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Why can't you just copy the other guy's info, translate it with the babel, and see if it seems good enough for you?

5. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Aside from that being copyright infringement?

Why not just pay the $100 it would cost to get this professionally translated? It's obviously lucrative enough to warrant listing in French.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Because that would mean he's stealing the other guy's listing, which is something that is frowned upon?

7. FredBI

FredBI Auditioning

I can help you maybe. Do you still need some help in translating this into French?

8. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Yes, I can't copy the other guys text; if he complains to Ebay, they can cancel my auction. Anyway, thanks for the help and suggestions.

FredBI: Yes, if you're able to help out, that would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

9. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Jeff, I would copy his text anyway, and then instead of using it, have someone translate it. For all you know, he could be copying your English and translating it to French as word-for-word as translating allows. Maybe you can make an issue with eBay in regards to him.