What's new

Can anyone tell me about Tennessee? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I would agree with one of the posters on page 1 that nashville traffic is bad, and getting worse - especially between Nashville and Gallatin/Murfreesboro. Once they finish building the bypass from 24 to 65 it may improve a bit, but until then its going to be ugly. Downtown traffic was worse than Atlanta when I was there last.

Chattanooga is a great pick, as would be Greensboro, NC, Asheville NC(if you can find gainful employment there). Johnson City, TN is also a great place, with awesome resturants - many new chains from around the US are test marketed there, due to its demographics(relatively diverse medium-sized city).

TN does have a 10% sales tax, but no state income tax if I remember right - so just do most of your big ticket purchases over the internet.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also live in NJ..actually right near Ron (Ocean twp). My wife would love to move to NC. One thing we were concerned about is that being Jewish we didn't want to move to an area that we would be the only ones. That being said I don't want an area all-Jewish either. When we looked at NC. We noticed Matthews, which is SE of Charlotte. I heard its a beautiful place to live and their are many "northerners" that have moved down there.
My other bigger concerns about moving...

-I own a business with my father. While it can be opened anywhere their is UPS and near to a shipping port. My father is not keen into wanting to move.

-My kids. I have 3 kids (11, 8 & 3) and moving them away from their friends would be tough.

This all being said. As a resident of a state that just loves to keep raising taxes. I can understand Ron's wish to get the heck out. :)

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
I went to Tennessee's football stadium for the first time last year. It was pretty fantastic, but I still prefer Michigan stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks