Can anyone recommend a good SCART RGB transcoder?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by David Payne, Jul 2, 2006.

1. David Payne

David Payne Stunt Coordinator

Hi. I'm looking for a transcoder to turn Scart RGB into either RGsB, RsGsBs or YUV (it doesn't matter which). All the transcoders I've seen on the net are multi-purpose transcoders that will convert between a variety of sources, and consequently their prices are more than I'd be willing to pay. I'm looking for something to tide me over until the day I upgrade my DVD player. Anyone know of anythong that will do the job?

2. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

If you get a diagramme of the pinout, I think you may be able just to take the appropriate wires and hook them to whatever input you're trying to use. I think it's already sent as RGsB [I thought I had a pinout around here with description of the signals, but am not finding it], so if you can get a female connector you can just wire the appropriate pins onto whatever cables you want to use for a hookup. What are you trying to do, anyway? Most video projectors I know of take RGB-HV, either by 5 BNCs or by VGA. You might be able to get a SCART-VGA adaptor plug?

3. David Payne

I don't think it's that simple, as scart RGB uses the composite video line for sync, so I do need a transcoder. A scart to VGA might work, and I know there are transcoders out there that will do the job, but as I said, I can't find any designed specifically for one job, and the multi-purpose ones cost more than I'm willing to pay for such a thing.

4. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

If sync is on composite, all you need is one diode to clamp the "high" on the composite line [black] to the "low" on the green line [also black]. I can't think there's not a simple convertor plug?

5. David Payne

This is what's driving me nuts. It is a simple thing, and you'd think there would be a simple converter for this purpose. Especially since SCART RGB is so common here. But there doesn't seem to be anything out there! [​IMG]