What's new

Can Anyone Recommend a Good "Jack Benny" release? (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Neil Brock said:
Antenna is showing the same 104 episode syndication package which has been run for the last few decades. The episodes appear to be fairly complete, minus the commercials of course.
Is that the same package of episodes that the late, lamented (and sorely missed) CBN used to run in the evenings in the early 80s? I have fond memories of watching those (and BURNS AND ALLEN). I guess the Mill Creek set will have to tide me over since I don't get Antenna TV.
I'm annoyed that I never recorded those old CBN shows back in the day since I bought my first VCR (a Betamax) as a teenager in 1984 and recorded a crapload of other shows during that time, but not those CBN classics.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Jeff*H said:
Is that the same package of episodes that the late, lamented (and sorely missed) CBN used to run in the evenings in the early 80s? I have fond memories of watching those (and BURNS AND ALLEN). I guess the Mill Creek set will have to tide me over since I don't get Antenna TV.
I'm annoyed that I never recorded those old CBN shows back in the day since I bought my first VCR (a Betamax) as a teenager in 1984 and recorded a crapload of other shows during that time, but not those CBN classics.
Not sure but it is my understanding that some local PBS, Jewish and Catholic channels air some Jack Benny from various reports across the country.
I'm not certain what part of Colorado you live in but In Denver, Colorado they are over the air on KDVR 31.2, KFCT 22.2 and it is on Cox Cable Channel 253.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Charles Ellis said:
I own the 39-show Mill Creek set and a few years ago it made a fan out of my nephew, who was born in 1985! There have been rumors of a new release of shows on DVD in the future, perhaps the ones recently discovered in the Universal vault. The TV Shows on DVD site addressed this issue, apparently Shout! Factory is planning something for 2013:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jack-Benny-Program-The-Lost-Episodes/17246
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jack-Benny-Program-The-Lost-Episodes/17280
Does the Mill Creek release have logos on the screen?

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I don't remember any logos but I was disappointed with the logos on the Carson set.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
I really enjoyed the Mill Creek set. It's not strictly episodes of the Jack Benny Program however. There's an episode of Burns & Allen featuring Jack, at least one of his Specials and a couple other odds 'n ends. I've been capturing the episodes airing on Antenna TV the last couple of weeks. Good stuff!

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
rmw650 said:
That set used to have 40 episodes but for some reason, it went down to 39 but wondering when that Lost Episode set from Shout will be made available? Moviesunlimited.com says it should be soon.
According to this, not until 2013.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
oh the reason the set has 39 is because Jack is 39, it is a gag though I would rather have more episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks