Can anyone recommend a good ISF calibrator in the Houston area?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Robinson, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Kevin Robinson

I have a Loewe Calida (non-HD), and while it's given me a great picture for the past two years, I've recently started to notice a little horizontal bowing. I recently had a "budget" ISF job, and I honestly think the picture now looks even more skewed. This is largely visible only on test patterns, but I know how good this TV can look and I'd like to get the geometry right. By the way, besides geometry, what else should I look for in a quality calibration job? Whats a typical price for a direct view set? Thanks for any help or recomendations. If I'm going to spend the money for a calibration, I'd feel better knowing they had done some really good work in the past. Thanks.

2. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

When I lived in Houston I used a company associated with Audio Concepts....don't remember the name, but if you called AC,they would be able to steer you in the right direction. I also know that Home THeater Store on Westheimer was offering ISF calibratons as an option on thier sets.

Good Luck
    Ron

3. Kevin Robinson

Thanks. I guess what I'd really like to know is if there are any individual, recommended ISF calibrationists in the Houston area. Like I said, I'd feel better knowing the person working on my T.V. had :
    1) some experience with Loewe televisions
    2) a positive record from some other members of this forum
    Thanks for any help!

4. Lando P

Lando P Agent

5. MarkDavidson

MarkDavidson Stunt Coordinator

Kevin -- Im in Houston and am looking for the same thing. Let me know if you find someone. Mark

6. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi Mark, I got your email.

As of right now I have no plans to go to Houston, HOWEVER, if there were 6 interested parties in the area I would make the flight.

I do highly recommend Steve Martin who is out of Dallas. His website is posted above.

regards

Gregg