What's new

Can anyone recommend a good ISF calibrator in the Houston area? (1 Viewer)

I have a Loewe Calida (non-HD), and while it's given me a great picture for the past two years, I've recently started to notice a little horizontal bowing. I recently had a "budget" ISF job, and I honestly think the picture now looks even more skewed. This is largely visible only on test patterns, but I know how good this TV can look and I'd like to get the geometry right. By the way, besides geometry, what else should I look for in a quality calibration job? Whats a typical price for a direct view set? Thanks for any help or recomendations. If I'm going to spend the money for a calibration, I'd feel better knowing they had done some really good work in the past. Thanks.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
When I lived in Houston I used a company associated with Audio Concepts....don't remember the name, but if you called AC,they would be able to steer you in the right direction. I also know that Home THeater Store on Westheimer was offering ISF calibratons as an option on thier sets.

Good Luck
Ron

Thanks. I guess what I'd really like to know is if there are any individual, recommended ISF calibrationists in the Houston area. Like I said, I'd feel better knowing the person working on my T.V. had :
1) some experience with Loewe televisions
2) a positive record from some other members of this forum
Thanks for any help!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Mark, I got your email.

As of right now I have no plans to go to Houston, HOWEVER, if there were 6 interested parties in the area I would make the flight.

I do highly recommend Steve Martin who is out of Dallas. His website is posted above.

regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks