Can anyone place the dialogue sample in DJ Shadow's Stem/Long Stem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TheoGB, Feb 13, 2002.

1. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

It's track 7 on the Entroducing... album - there's a bit of dialogue which sounds like it's maybe from an old movie about a guy apparently being set up.

I can't really tell but it sounds like it would be a cool movie if its for real. I just wondered if anyone had the album and would know.

I'll try to MP3 that bit when I get home if no-one knows in case that sparks off some memories.

Cheers.

2. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Theo,

I don't have the answer, but I've wondered the same thing myself. "Parking tickets...parking tickets!!!"

I've also read that Shadow sampled Nirvana somewhere on Endtroducing, yet I can't pick up what.

Also, if you're a fan of Shadow, he just re-issued the 'Product Placement' CD he did with Jurassic 5 DJ, Cut Chemist. I got it thru his website and it's fantastic.

-Jason

3. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I certainly can't hear Nirvana. The only sample you can swear to is Bjork on track 8, and I guess Bach in Organ Donor. Possibly there is some of Tubular Bells in the second track.

I didn't have time for an MP3. I'll try it this evening.

Do you know what the other film is - the one about broadcasting in dreams from the year 1999 or something.

"It is happening again" at the end of the CD is Twin Peaks, right?

4. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

The 'dreams' sample is from John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness .
    And the ending is indeed from Twin Peaks .

5. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

And from the 'Camel Bobsled Race' disc, the extended version of "Midnight" sounds like label-mates Blackalicious, but I'm not positive on that.

-Jason