What's new

Can anyone name this character? (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Chad Ferguson wrote (post #1):

[COLOR= rgb(139, 69, 19)]I found this at a garage sale and i was curious if anyone knew who this character was? [/COLOR]

I can't help you directly, but here's a suggestion.

Take close-up pictures of the "action-figure's" belt (all around), which appears to have writing on it. Then post the close-up shots here. If someone who reads Japanese (or Chinese?) script can see the writing, (s)he might at least be able to provide you with a transliteration you can then use to "google" the words, which will probably lead you to a satisfactory answer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Based on that, I found a quote you might like, Chad:

It's becoming harder and harder to find them, and when they do appear, the price is usually well above $1,000 US for loose specimens, based on their popularity as well as rarity.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1977/mekanda_robo

bdmon

Auditioning
Real Name
Raymond
If it's being sold for chump change you will definitely want to grab it --- if it's not too late!

As long as your Ebay listing has the phrase Jumbo Machinder you should do well.

Be prepared with photos of the condition of the labels/stickers and if you have missiles etc. Lots of collectors of Jumbo Machinders need to upgrade from lesser condition versions and they need to determine if it is an upgrade. Otherwise, the questions will come like rain.

Edit: You may want to add photos of the copyright/licensing rights bits (these were probably somewhere on the back) to confirm it isn't a knock-off.

Or you could keep it :) Great find!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just a thanks guys, it turned out to be a legit find. 5$ could turn into a lot more but for now might just keep it. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks