What's new

Can anyone identify this film? (1 Viewer)

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I vaguely remember watching a particularly strange movie on television in the 1970s. I was just a kid then, so my memory of it is pretty hazy. I'm hoping someone might know what the name of the movie is.

Here's what little I remember: I'm pretty sure it was a black and white film. I remember a scene in which some scary looking creatures (not human?) were up high, possibly in a cart moving along a wire suspended in the air. The creatures were throwing things at the people below them. I seem to remember very busy, dramatic music playing during that scene.

I also think there was a scene in which a person (or a couple of people?) were repeatedly dunked under water while restrained, or in a stockade (?). One of the people being dunked may have been an obese man, but I can't remember for sure.

That's about all I can remember. Does anyone know what film I'm talking about?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
That was no movie, John. You're an alien abductee, and your repressed memories of their medical exam are finally surfacing. :D

John Gregorich

Auditioning
Hmmm... The obese man being dunked into water makes me think of a Laurel and Hardy film called "Babes in Toyland". Come to think of it, it has a monkey dressed in a robe flying in a small blimp throwing things at the people below. Could this be it?

John Stone

Supporting Actor
John, I think that's it! I looked it up on the IMDB and I'm pretty sure you nailed it. It's ironic that this film is a comedy, because most of what I remember scared me as a child.
I see that the film also goes by the title "March of the Wooden Soldiers", which is available on DVD, but the only version is colorized?! I want to see the original B&W version badly, but it looks like the bastardized version is all that's available.
I can't thank you enough, I've been wondering about that film for probably 15 or 20 years!
That was no movie, John. You're an alien abductee, and your repressed memories of their medical exam are finally surfacing.

John Gregorich

Auditioning
wow - of all the time I spend on this forum, this is the first time I've ever been able to help someone out. :) Glad I could help. I have the colorized version for VHS which I watch occasionally. I have never seen the b/w version but I'd love to see it that way. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch it on TV that way some day...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks