What's new

Can anyone help with this? (Halo) (1 Viewer)

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone out there besides myself gets this "green, motion sick" feeling when they play Halo? I had it with Goldeneye as well. I play all the 1st person shooters on my PC, (Q1-Q3, Unreal, Jedi) and many, many more. But they run around 70-100 FPS on the PC. Halo running at 30 almost made me throw up.

I was playing on a 35" TV, and I've heard that going down to a smaller set might help. Any suggestions. I took the game back 4 days after I got it last year and didn't get very far at all. But now I really want to play it again and try it one more time. Anyone combat motion sickness from this game, or others like it?

Tom

Camp

Senior HTF Member
It's fairly common. I wonder if practice (5 minutes of play, rest, 10 minutes of play, rest, 15 minutes of play, rest, etc...) would help at all?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This may sound stupid, but can't you take some Dramamine about 20 minutes before playing? Works for me when I head to the amusement parks and wanna ride the coasters.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I was like that when I started on a 65" ws. I couldn't last 30 minutes so I went onto a 13". With the continous encouragement of great HTF members, I once again braved the unknown and faced HALO in ws. Lo and behold, after some grueling hours of nausea (and purple colored alien blood) I was healed!

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent, thanks guys. I was wondering about Dramamine myself... but I didn't know if that would do anything for a game. I guess I'll try all those methods, I really need to play that game!

Thanks again.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
On a positive note, you know it's one hell of an immersive game when you pop drugs beforehand to handle the motion of it!!! :D

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Well Guys, I'm knee deep in Halo. I can't believe how amazing this game is. I've been reading about it and reading about it for months. I don't know what my problem was way back in November of last year. But I've had NO motion sickness problems at all. This is the best.

If the Wings game wasn't in overtime right now, I'd be acting as Master Chief... I can't wait to dig in again.

Thanks again for all your all help.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks