What's new

Can anyone help with older RCA? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
My father in law has an older RCA TV model #G35830WK that has some pretty bad geometry problems (I think that's what it would be):confused:
What it is doing is the picture is actually widening or stretching to the sides, I'm not sure of the best way to explain this. Like for example if you mute the tv the only part of MUTE you will see is UTE, the M is well past the left side of the screen. Or if a station has there dreaded ID logo in the bottom right it will be cut off halfway at the edge of the screen.
Example ------------
[ute ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
-------------
This is how things will appear in on the screen they get cut off at the sides like the picture is being stretched past the edge of the screen. Also this is on anything weather its DVD,Tape,Sat,whatever you are playing.
Is there anyway I can fix this in the service menu,& if so dose anyone Know how to get into the RCA service menu's? I have done a few things in the service menu on my Sony set but I am unfamiliar with RCA.
Thanks for any help...

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Woops I guess my example got messed up I hope someone can understand what I'm talking about

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
You can go to the Keohi site to learn more about the RCA service menu.
My gut feeling is that you're going to need a technician, though.
Good luck,
Jan

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Jan, I went to the site but didnt do much help. The only thing there is how to set your convergence, or am I missing something.
Thanks for your help..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks