What's new

can anyone help explain why my television is doing this? (1 Viewer)

Chris_harpua

Agent
I have a 20" Panasonic CT-G20G23 that I got close to 6 years ago. Within the past week, I noticed that the bottom left corner of my screen has something going wrong with the color, blues will appear pink or purple and reds appear yellow or green. It only goes about 3 inches high and about 6 or 7 inches wide. Ive heard that speaker magnets tend to do this but there arent any extra speakers right near that area, barring of course the ones in the set, which is below that area. The only electronic devices near it are my playstation 2, which is about 8 or 9 inches below the television and my receiver, but the receiver is to the right of the ps2, not directly below the abnormality.

Does anyone know why my television would randomly do this and if there is a way to fix this problem? or does this happen eventually?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you power off and unplug the TV, let it sit for an hour, plug in and power on, does the problem persist?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks