What's new

Can anyone get a sack against the AI in NFL 2K3? (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
I am very impressed with this game every time I play it but I have some issues with it though..of course no game is w/o them. First, what's up with the scores and stats being so high? If you play a simulated game and let the ai play against itself, the scores and stats are realistic, but not in season play? Flaw? Was 2K2 like this?

Second:I cannot for the life of me get a sack on the qb. I know quite a bit about football, plays, schemes, ect..but man, those offensive line are tough to get around even on weak teams. Other than that, i am impressed on how close this game is to the real thing although i wish the playbooks were a little more team specific...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
The only time I got a sack against the AI was gambling on a 3rd and 3 and calling a goal-line all blitz. What makes it so hard is you have to hit the QB twice in quick succession (once to make him stagger and once while he is staggering). The AI quarterback will almost always shrug off that first hit (unlike your QB or a human opponent's). The best you can hope for is to pressure the QB into hurrying his throw and getting an incomplete.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I never got a single sack on the AI, after playing through 5 full seasons in franchise mode. For 2 seasons, I had both Chris Claiborne and Ray Lewis as linebackers, and still couldnt register a sack.

Playing online, I get 3-5 sacks a game.

Jeff

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Sacks are hard to get. I probably got 4 or 5 total during my season, but against another person I can do that in one game. I have the same problem in Madden.

Stat problems seem to run throughout all the sports games. No matter how you adjust the settings, your players will trail everyone else in the league. In football games it's tackles and receptions, in basketball it's rebounds and free throws, hockey it's shots. Baseball games aren't so bad, but I've always had problems with the way AI uses other pitchers in the league

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Make sure when you sim the other games that you have the time set to 5 minutes. For some reason Sega decided that 5min would be the default time to get accurate simulations. So if you're playing 8 minutes and you get realistic stats, just sim the other teams at 5 minutes and it will work out. I'm sure this is one of the things they'll have fixed next year.

As for the sack thing. Usually all you get vs the computer is coverage sacks. There are strategies you can employ to get more. I've heard that turning advanced line moves off will help because then rather than having to hit left trigger and X, you just hit left trigger and the game will select your move. Make it easier to button mash through their blocking. Also don't expect to get sacks but in 3rd and long situations or when you're leading by a lot and they're passing every down. Then you can blitz more if you want and try to get through. Keep in mind you also have to control the guy sacking the QB most of the time or the QB will shrug you off. Or worse yet the lineman or LB will just sit there. Sega seems to want people to play the game rather than just calling a defense and letting the computer run it. Thus the reason why you always have to make the tackles yourself and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks