What's new

Can anyone explain why Scrappy Doo was created? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i LOVE the original scooby doo cartoons. i don't even mind the more recent incarnations (zombie island?).

but...

i will NOT watch any episode with scrappy - i'd like to do a 40-yard punt with that dog. totally irritating!

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I think the whole "adding a new cute character to the formula" only works when a previously cute character gets too old.I.e. Oliver replaces Cindy,that other Kid replaces Rudy on "cosby" when Rudy's mustache got too thick,adding a completly new character to a show that had to previously equivilent is usually the act of a desperate sitcom.

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
Same reason they added The Great Gazoo to The Flintstones... To make a declining show that much worse... :D

CoolCaper

Auditioning
Real Name
Shauna
I know! His creator wrote a blog all about it. Read it here: http://www.newsfromme.com/writings/scrappy-days/
They were going to cancel it, because it was getting too repetitive. But then Joe Barbera thought up Scrappy. And with Scrappy managed to convince them to keep it going. Scrappy's introduction successfully boosted the ratings, allowing it to survive to be the stupendouly popular franchise it is today.
I know that Scooby-Doo can get a little repetitive at times, and occasionally it feels overrated, but you shouldn't pick on Scrappy just because he saved it! Give Scooby&Scrappy a chance!

Users who are viewing this thread