Can anyone confirm this?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Alex-A, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Alex-A

Alex-A Stunt Coordinator

IGN has a tidbit in their DVD News section that Mel Brooks' films will be released together in a box set which includes Robin Hood: Men in Tights!!

They say it's not an April Fools joke, but I don't exactly trust them on anything. Are they lying or is this really happening, because I can't stand the fact that MiT hasn't gotten a release here!

IGN

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Well what else could possibly be included considering the only other significant Brooks film Fox owns is Young Frankenstein as far as I know?

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

There's also High Anxiety, Silent Movie and History of the World - sounds like enough for a box to me!

4. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The Twelve Chairs might also be distributed by Fox. I know the old VHS was from them and I think the Image Entertainment DVD was licensed out.

5. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    I seem to recall that studios have also cooperated on sets for star actors and directors in the past, with two or even three contributing films and sharing in the proceeds. (Didn't the Kubrick set include releases from rival studios?) So this might be less oif an issue than it seems.

Regards,

Joe

6. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Sounds like a good tie-in to the movie-musical version of THE PRODUCERS, which is coming this year.

- Steve

7. Andy Patrizio

Andy Patrizio Stunt Coordinator

If it was an April Fool's joke, I will be very mad at the Fox rep who pulled it on me. :p I swear, I wasn't joking. People ask me about this title CONSTANTLY, so I figured it was time to go right to the source and ask.

Believe me, with so many people asking, the last thing I'd pull is an April Fool's joke on that. I was going to do an April Fool's story about Circuit City restarting the Divx program, but after a full news day, the day was over. [​IMG]