What's new

Can anyone comment on the AR surge protectors with acoustic accuracy circuitry? (1 Viewer)

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
We'll i just bought one of these surge suppressors. The advanced acoustic accuracy circuitry built in to these is suppose to regulate the voltage going to one's equipment. Sure this suppressor is not a $1500 or so dollar Monster Cable voltage regulator but AR advertises that their circuitry does indeed work and improves the performance of one's audio/video system while protecting it at the same time. Question is do they work?

Many surge protectors are said to hinder sound quality, so i'm wondering if this high end surge protector holds it's weight so to speak. Any comments?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Serge- It's my understandin that surge protectors by themselves do not limit current, and do not affect sound quality. All they do is to look for "way out of whack" voltage conditions and deal with those.

Now, line conditioners, "filters", and other boxes, *can* and sometimes do affect sound quality, but typically not surge protectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks