can anybody verify that the 1804 can do multizone/source?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by PeterN, Oct 21, 2003.

1. PeterN

PeterN Stunt Coordinator

I was told by someone @ Ultimate Electronics that the 1804 can do multisource/multizone. Also, they tried to tell me that the other model similar to 1804 (982 or something like that) is between the 1803 and 1804. I thought they were both the same just rebadged?

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The Denon 1804 can do multi-zone output. But, it can't do it in stereo. Both channels of the multi-room output are actually mono - because the 6th channel is shared for both outputs of the multi-room output.

The Denon AVR-884 is equivalent to the AVR-1804, but it has been re-badged and only features a 1-year warranty vs. a 2-year warranty. But, please search through some of the old threads relating to this topic -- it seems like it gets discussed here on a weekly basis. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. PeterN

PeterN Stunt Coordinator

sorry for the repost. Thanks for the help.

4. Todd_Glassman

Todd_Glassman Auditioning

Yes, it does multi-zone, multi-source. I have the AVR-1803 which is pretty much the same thing. Overall, really easy to use- just press the Zone2 button and select a source. Regarding multi-zone on the AVR-1804, a few things to be aware of:

1. To output to another zone in STEREO, you need a separate standalone amp or receiver. (I just got an Audiosource AMP-1 on ebay for $120 and it is perfect)

2. The receiver will NOT output a signal that was originally input as a digital signal. For example, if your DVD player is hooked up via a digital coax or optical, you can not get that audio signal to the zone2 pre-outs. However, all you have to do about this is run another line (analog) from the DVD to the receiver and that will output just fine thru the zone2 out.

Hope this helps.