What's new

Can anybody tell me about online sources for AR? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested in the Acoustic Research HC6 system. Are there any good online vendors for AR? Thanks.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
You might want to take a look at www.accessories4less.com
They deal a lot in Acoustic Research speakers. I just checked and their price is $529.99 for the system.
They're authorized AR internet dealers and I didn't have any problems at all ordering 4 AR-208V's, and an AR-S112PS a little while ago, all shipped to Canada too!
They sell quite a bit of E-Stock equipment too if you're interested.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I was also thinking about purchasing some AR speakers. I found the best price for the setup I want at Etronics. Are they also factory-authorized?

Jedd

Second Unit
I was also thinking about purchasing some AR speakers. I found the best price for the setup I want at Etronics. Are they also factory-authorized?
Not for AR. But with something worth $400 you can risk with them.
AR site has a list of the autorized dealers.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
Jack: No problem, lots of places to choose from :)
Might any of you know where to get a single AR-S50 speaker? I have one working, and need another for a pair...

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
They used to in pairs, they don't have anymore though. And I was hoping for a single speaker only, not both...

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Gabe,

It's gonna be tough to find just one... Maybe just keep an

eye on ebay and if ya find a set for the right price buy

the pair and sell one back on ebay.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the help, guys. If you were plunking down your own cash, which site would you consider? Thanks!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, is that a reputable dealer? The site looks kind of dinky, but that price is compelling. Whereas BestPrice has a professional-looking site, but the HC6 is going for $529 there.

Anybody know anything about ElectronicsEmall. According the their "About Us" info, they've been around for decades. Did they always call themselves "eMall," I wonder?

I'd spring for HC6 at that price right this very moment--if I could be sure my money won't simply disappear.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jack,
Well at that price, accessories4less has it as well if you really want to buy it now :)
Umm...I would consider them since I've bought from them before, actually I called them for my purchase and they seemed pretty helpful, even threw in a free subwoofer cable for me!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Do you say that, Jedd, because of the relatively low score EMall received for shipping and handling?

If these guys or accessories4less are reputable, I'm ready plunk down some change for these nifty little speakers (The Perfect Visioni raved over the HC6). I'm really just about a mouse click away from wanting to buy the HC6.

Jedd

Second Unit
If you don't like gambling - go order from AC4L, they are reputable and I heard only good things about them.

HC6 is well worth these 5 hundreds and even more.

(I was about to buy it myself, but decided to go farther)

Good luck.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, I doubt you'll have any problems with them, good luck with your purchase if you decide to go through with it!

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Just a little info about AC4L, I won an Ebay Auction for a
AR C225PS Center and when they shipped it they did not double
box it. UPS beat the living hell out of the box, every side
was caved in. I opened the box expecting to see pieces of
a Center Channel. I couldn't beleive it was unscathed not
even a single blemish.
:)
AC4L would have sent me another if it was messed up. I just
wish these guys would double box smaller items when they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks