What's new

Can Anybody Recommend a Men's Slipper With a Very Thick Sole? (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Suitable for wearing/walking outside for short trips to the mailbox, etc., without wearing-out the soles in a matter of weeks?

Thanks.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I have owned a pair of Elkhide mocs from Orvis for the last 18 month. Very comfortable and the rubber sole increases traction, decreases wear:
Elkhide Mocs

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Try these slippers from Lands' End. They have a sole at least 1/2 an inch thick. The best part is, according to their Guarantee, if they EVER wear out, they will be replaced for free, or your money back.

From the description:
As soft as slippers get.
Fleece is baby-blanket soft, wonderfully warm too. And it wicks away moisture so your feet can breathe. Plus, fleece is lightweight and very durable. Soles of molded EVA make these clogs rugged enough for trips to the mailbox. Made in USA.
I'm wearing my pair now, and they're great! One piece of advice, they seemed to run a little big, so I ordered one size down for a perfect fit.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Thanks to all for the feedback so far. After reading the various links, the elkhide mocs look promising to me.

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
I love ultra-comfortable footwear for around the house. If you want something with actual soles, take a look at UGGs, which are high-quality sheepskin shoes/boots. Warm in the winter but not hot in the summer as you'd expect them to be. I own both regular moccasins and boots from UGGs.

For something without hard soles, but just soft-bottom moccasins, take a look at the selection at Eddie Bauer, which can be accessed now through Amazon.

And for leaving the house in a casual situation, I now wear Minnetonka moose-hide moccasin slippers. WONDERFUL shoes.

Hope this helps...

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks