What's new

Can anybody recommend a good component video A/V switch? (1 Viewer)

Joachim Stumm

Auditioning
My home theater tuner only has 2 component video inputs and I need at least 3. I would like to buy an A/V switch box, but there are quite a few models out there. Anybody have experience with this?
Thanks!

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
The JVC JX-S111 switch box is what I use. It has three component inputs plus composite and S-Video. Here is a link to it from the JVC Web Site. You can get them around 60-80 dollars on eBay.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
We've had good luck with Extron... but given that they were part of a large contract buy, I'd hate to find out how much that component matrix routing switcher cost... (12x8 I think, RGBHV ports, balanced stereo audio switching.)

Leo

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Audio Authority makes a well designed unit (4-in, 1 out) that will memorize your reciever remote commands so it will keep the audio and video in sync. ~$200

A company called MadCatz makes a HD video selector switch for game systems for about $40. They claim it is HD compatible. I have one, but have not had time to play with it.

What to look for: Make sure whatever switch you get, it documents something like a 90 Mhz bandwidth. Your cables/switches need to have 3X or better yet 4X bandwidth of the highest frequency you plan to send through it:

Component Video: 4 Mhz max
Progressive Video: 13 Mhz max
HD Video: 35 Mhz max

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks