Can any receivers do this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeCooper, Jan 5, 2003.

1. MikeCooper

MikeCooper Extra

Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any old prologic receivers that have seperate inputs for all 5.1 channels. The reason I'm asking this is because I plan to go the computer route for a DTS and 5.1. My soundcard has all the RCA outputs for these channels, here's a pic of the back of the rack of my external soundcard:
    [​IMG]
    I don't want to buy something new, something used off ebay would be what I want to do. Is there anything that would have inputs for all the channels like this?
    I DONT want a recevier with a digital or dts decoder, I don't need one, and I don't want to waste money on something I don't need.
    So if anyone can tell me some older models that have these inputs, please let me know!
    Thanks

2. MikeCooper

MikeCooper Extra

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Yes, theere are Pro-Logic receivers that are 5.1 capable. While I don't think any are current models, they shouldn't be more than a couple of years old. You may want to check Radio Shack, as they often have old demo models, like the ones you want, for cheap.

4. ChristopherBer

ChristopherBer Stunt Coordinator

If your from NY check out The Wiz in Carle Place I have seen low priced recievers as low as $100.

5. MikeCooper

MikeCooper Extra

I don't suppose anyone actually knows any particular models though do they?

I don't want an expensive brand, just something main stream, it's all I need, something like Kenwood, RCA, Sony, Panasonic, Technics, Pioneer, whatever..