Can an SVS+ driver be put into the PCi tube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason_Ro, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Jason_Ro

Jason_Ro Agent

Just asking out of curiosity. I have a PCi on the way and I know for my current room (which is less than 1300 cubic feet) that it'll be more than enough. But should I move to a bigger room I was just wondering if you can put the + driver into the PCi body.

2. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

If you do a search you could verify this, but I believe that Tom V has said no. Because they are a completely different drivers and they are not the same size they don't inter-change.

Matt

3. Jason_Ro

Jason_Ro Agent

That's what I was thinking. But I read this thread which involves people swapping an ultra into the regular CS and PC enclosures.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...river+swapping
    Hmm, just noticed that the admin didn't like that other thread. Perhaps I should reread the rules real quick....

4. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Jason, I bet that the thread had a different subject at one time from the look of those comments. Its not the actual content that was troubling. Basically they don't like threads with misleading subjects that are designed just to get a lot of people to check them out. Also, its good to have a clear subject, such as your's, so that people will actually respond to it. Most likely Tom or Ron will get in here eventually based on your subject.