What's new

Can Amazon stand above the fray and make sense of the Android / tablet mess? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Paperwhite is official. Kindle Paperwhite is official name.
212 DPI, 25% more contrast.
8 weeks of battery life with the LIGHT ON!!!
"Perfect in the bedroom, perfect in direct sunlight. People are going to love this device, and they're going to love the light. In fact, they're going to love it so much they're going to leave it on all the time."
$119, Sold. Ordering today. 3g version is $179. Think I will skip that part this time. Ships 1 October.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They'll be one of the first out of the gate with the new TI OMAP 4470. http://www.slashgear.com/ti-previews-omap-4470-graphics-50-improvement-over-4460-10208481/

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Starts at 16GB, Audiobooks supported. Yawn
But... you can swap between reading and audibooking with whispersync. Neat but ....
Or you can do both at once! OCDers rejoice!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Wait.. what.. I've subscribed to Audible for almost 5 years.. before Amazon bought them .. did I just hear that right? I did.. Whispersync is now coming to audible books.. everywhere.. wow. (sorry Sam, but as someone with a library that has a few hundred audiobooks at this point, for me a constant traveller, this is awesome sauce)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The immersion reading thing to me is minor interest.. but what interests me is the change: buy an audiobook, and you now get a kindle version along with.. is that how I understand it? If so.. hurray!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I wonder if all of the Whispersync features are locked to the Fire or are part of the software. Like Kindle Whispersync works across devices and OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks