Can a sub shake your tv out of calibration and

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Tompkins, Feb 9, 2002.

1. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

I have two SVS 20-39 subs about 5 feet away from my mitsubishi 55 tv. It has 64 point calibration. I noticed on two occasions both a couple of weeks after I had calibrated that my convergence was off. I redid it and it happened again.. I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this ? also my dvd player which is on a rack about 3 feet away skips occasionaly, maybe from sub vibrations, I am also worried that the subs might be negatively shortening the life of some of my components.

2. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

In an odd way it may be funny, but how about this, try doing all your normal things of life without the sub for 3 weeks and see if your TV needs convergence again?

-ELmO

3. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

Elmalloc or Elmo ?[​IMG] While this might work, I couldnt imagine life without my beloved SVS{s} for that long, but my wife appeciates your idea!!

4. ScottAndrew

ScottAndrew Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to know the answer too. I'm looking at smaller subs like the VTF-2 but I'd like to fit something under my television stand (WAF). It's just a 32" tube, but I wonder if the vibrations from a sub would be bad for it.