Can A Chip Be Overclocked This Much?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Braddock, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

Hello All. I was wondering if a 75 MHz Pentium proc. could be overclocked to 200 MHz. I have the heatsink & fan and an 80 mm fan for cooling, but have no way to monitor the temp. Thanks.

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

heh, I highly doubt it. the best that one could ever hope for is a 100% overclock. . . but few if any ever hit that mark. and those that do didn't accomplish it with using air to cool the cpu, you'd need a serious water-cooling setup or perhaps a phase change unit to accomplish such a feat. In reality though, it won't be worth it for that cpu.

well, don't let me get you down eitherwhichway, just give it all you got and hope for the best.

good luck.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

4. Kolya

Kolya Stunt Coordinator

P75's were remarked P90's and P100's. They all used a 1.5X multiplier, but used 50, 60 or 66 Mhz bus speed. The best you'll get out it is probably 112.5 (on a 75Mhz bus)

5. Jeff Braddock

Well, I am unable to raise the fsb slowly as I have to adjust the speed via jumpers on the mobo. I have it to 100 mhz now and I plan on taking it as high as possible, I just don't know how high that is.

6. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Wow, with that kind of speed you should expect your Windows 95 framerates to jump from 2 fps to 2.1 fps [​IMG]

7. Jeff Braddock

95 nothin! I'm running 98. It's a speed demon...

8. Tony_Woods

Tony_Woods Stunt Coordinator

I gt a 70% overclock here. My AXP 1600+ is running at 2Ghz with my watercooling setup

9. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

From the land of overclocking, a few things are hot items right now:

Athlon 2100+ TBred B's = People are hitting 2GHz easy, 2.2GHz with some voltage, and 2.3GHz with good cooling/more voltage. Not bad for a $100 chip.

Mobile P4's = The multipliers on these puppies are perfect for those looking to break the 200MHz FSB plateau on their P4 setups.

nForce2 = The ultimate FSB overclocking chipset; you can adjust the FSB without any effect on the PCI/AGP/USB bus speeds which hindered FSB overclocking in the past. 220MHz FSB with Dual-channel DDR...drool.