What's new

Can 3 composite cables substitute for buying component video cables? (1 Viewer)

Ray_P

Auditioning
I would like an extension for my component video connections coming from my XBOX (the HD Pack) to my projector in the back of my room, but 12 ft. of component cable extension is a bit pricey. I wondered if I could buy 3 long RCA cables?

Can I make 3 separate RCA composite cables (mated to the HD Pack with couplers) take the place of component cables? Or is there a big "technical difference" between the cables. In other words, are the 3 long composite cables going to degrade my signal coming out of the component HD pack? Did my questions make sense? :frowning:

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you can use 3 composite video cables for your component connection. Audio cables may or may not work, depending on their impedance.

CJ

Ray_P

Auditioning
Thanks for the help. I feel silly that I couldn't find that that low of a price on my own. I now also see the same product Target has at Circuit City for the same price.

I will purchase today, and then it will be game time!:)

Thanks to all!

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
wow, i ended up seeing 4 meter NXG component cables at my locally owned hardware megastore (awesome store, btw) for 15bux yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks