What's new

Can 2 speakers be connected to 1 terminal post on a receiver? (1 Viewer)

Rallo

Auditioning
I have a Yamaha DSP-AZ2 AV Amplifier (from Japan) which has a 130W Center Channel speaker terminal. It also has a Rear Channel speaker terminal as well. I have a Klipsch Snyergy Series C-7 Center Speaker which rocks and I have a Bose center speaker (VCS-10) that I want to connect in order to bring out the 6.1 sound.

My problem is that I can't get the rear channel to work no matter what configuration I try to setup the AV Recv'er.

So my question is can I connect the 2 said speakers to the one center channel terminal without damaging anything? Am I running a risk to something?

I've tried it briefly and it works, but just not sure?

Help! :frowning:

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
No you typically shouldn't do that as it may cause your receiver to work too hard...plus from they way yuo describe what you're doing connecting another speaker to the front center will not sound good at all if you are trying to get 6.1 There should be a rear surround output on the back of the receiver that you can plug in the second center speaker. You'll very likely have to go into the setup menu of the receiver and in the speaker configuration area set rear center to on or yes to enable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks