camping

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom McDonald, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Tom McDonald

Tom McDonald Stunt Coordinator

Any follow campers out there? If so can anyone recommend a nice clean family campground in Mrytle Beach[​IMG] . Thanks

2. John Miles

John Miles Stunt Coordinator

I prefer to camp atop the threshold of the doorway to the bridge area in DM3. You can bounce grenades onto the pitcher's mound on the other side of the wall without exposing yourself, and as long as you don't run out of rockets, you can control all traffic between the busiest areas of the map.

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

um....ok John.

I'm a fellow camper and go many times in the nicer months when its not -30C. My ideal way to camp is to walk for many miles in the mountains with my backpack, find a nice lake teeming with fish and set up a tent and relax for a couple of days.

Life just doesn't get any better.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    What, Michael, not a winter camper??? Winter camping is great, now if I can convince any of my backpacking buddies to go... But winter hiking is soo much fun, less people, less environmental inpact (walking on snow/ice) and just more serene. The big thing too is NO BUGS!!, No flies, no chiggers, no ticks (or less active ones), no nothing but birds and us hikers. And you can camp anywhere you like cause you're on top of snow. In any season other than winter, NY DEC rules states that you cannot camp above 3500' in the Catskills and I believe 4k' in the ADKs, but you can in winter.

As far as Myrtle Beach, too crowded for me, I avoid most beachs except those on islands like the islands of Hawaii.

Jay