What's new

Camelot - audio problems corrected? (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I was watching "Camelot" the other night and I had forgotten that the sound was out of sync with the picture through out much of the film. Does anyone know if Warner Bros. corrected the problem on subsequent pressings?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
i know that the DVD has more problems that that. Missing music cues..completely trashes directional audio tracks...the historic mix was basically dumped and the new mix is vastly inferior.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i always wondered if the aspect ratio was correct.
i watched the dvd about a year ago and remember clearly seeing a camera on a track, that was behind some trees, rolling out of a shot.

or was that just a miss by whoever is suppose to be watching for that stuff?

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Wouldn't mind a special edition of this. Have been reluctant to pick it up based on these reported issues...

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
This remix is a travesty. the original mix was nominated for an Academy Award. There has NEVER been a letterbox verion of camelot that uses the original theatricl mix. Only the old pan and scan laserdisc has the original. The first letterbox laser used a six track but not THE six track. It was a track that was a temp mix for a preview version of the film.
There was also a 30th anniversary vidcasssette with an entirely different mix including all new fley that was horrifying.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like somone needs to merge that PCM soundtrack from the first LD with a nice new 16x9 DVD MPEG2 video stream and burn to DVDR...

:D :D :D

Paul Borges

Stunt Coordinator
Joe Caps,

How is the audio on the Camelot CD released I believe in 1990? I'm thinking of getting that as a temporary alternative. :)

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

I'm not Joe, but I have the LP and cassette soundtracks and they are rich and full with a nice wide spread. I would hope the CD matches that.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

That's for that bit of info. Just picked up the laser on eBay for 3.99 buy it now. I avoided it because of the pan and scan factor, but it looks like it need to be in my collection for the audio. I happen to think CAMELOT is under-appreciated.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
As is well known, I am a huge fan of camelot.
The LP sounded okay but had that typical sixties album reverb added so it did not sound as good as the film.
Odd cuts. The first cut on Side one was the Overture which was a conflation of the actual (cut) black screen overture, a cut version of the Main Title, joined to a cut version of the Intermission Music.
The CD is the same music, but instead of giving us the raw masters minus the damn reverb, Warners took the reverbed master, added MORe reverb to it for the CD version.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Much as I'd love to see a complete song-and-score disc of this and other movie musicals, there's an obstacle to overcome; apparently the United Federation of Musicians hasn't worked out a standard compensation rate for post-1960 film scores, and this raises the costs considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks