What's new

Camcorders - what do you use yours for? (1 Viewer)

Graham Perks

Second Unit
I'm waiting for Canon's ZR45MC to be released. I've never had a Camcorder before. I remember my parents had a Super 8 recorder and they have lots of old tapes of European vacations! I will have to find a way to get those memories onto a more modern medium.

A friend (with a Canon Elura) told me about how he shoots his child whenever she learns something new, and how looking back at older recordings he has forgotten just what she used to be like. Sounds fabulous!

What do you use your Camcorder for? And how do you back up your movies? On a hard drive? Just keep the tapes around? CDROM?

I'm going on a Caribbean vacation for the first time soon, and unfortunately won't have a camcorder in time. Still I have my regular camera and it's loaded with Velvia film ready for deep blue seas! :)

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Graham,
I've also just gotten into the world of DV. I picked up a Canon Optura Pi in December and I'm loving it! So far I've used it for:
- Video (music video style) of my staff Xmas party (even made a little $ selling VHS dubs)
- Skiing trips
- New Years Party
- Multimedia CD-ROM content
- Goofing around with friends
I'm also involved in an international video-based art project called Worldview 2002. Check out the details Link Removed.
One of the main reasons for buying it though, is for my upcoming trip to Europe. Can't wait.....
PS- If you haven't already, check out the forums at http://www.dv.com . I've learned an enormous amount from the people there.
Happy shooting!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks