What's new

Cambridge SoundWorks Tower II (1 Viewer)

Andrew_G

Agent
I had forgot about one major brand when i was considering speakers (as I haven't purchased speakers for at least 10 years).

I then remember what I was missing: Cambridge SoundWorks!

I just want to know the opinions of people here on their floorstanding speakers, the Cambridge SoundWorks Tower IIs. Any advice and/or information regarding these speakers would be very helpful and very appreciated.

I will be using these speakers in a medium-sized room with a 300 watt Velodyne subwoofer, and a 514K Pioneer receiver. I will be using them with some junky 56-watt speakers until I can afford upgrades for everything else.

I will be using this for 50% movies and TV, 50% music.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Andrew Grathwohl

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
You know, even though I'm a pretty loyal Paradigm customer, my first "good" speakers were the Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble III sub/sat package. I tell you what, I think that for the money they put out a pretty nice product. My advice for you would be to go on their Ebay store and see if they have the speakers you have on there.....whenever people return the product during their in-home trial period, they list the open box items on their Ebay store. You can get some killer deals on the stuff, and it's more than worth the money.

gregD

Second Unit
I'm a CSW fan myself -- any speakers I like better cost significantly more.

Based only on in-store auditioning, I found the Tower II's to be the best-sounding of all of their floorstanders, including their own upscale Newton series... full sound, good performance spec's, should be easy to drive... hard to imagine doing better for the money.

Outside of CSW, the only competitive floorstander (at the same $) I can think of would be Monitor Audio Bronze B4.

Audition as much as you can -- at home if possible... of all components, speakers vary the most in sonic characteristics.

GregBe

Second Unit
Bob Hazelwood who is the product manager and head designer for the Newton series of speakers at CSW has been posting on Home Theater Spot. He mentioned last week that they will be introducing the T200 sometime in the fall which will be similar to the Tower and Tower II. If you are eventually going to upgrade to their Newton center and surrounds, you may want to look at this.

That being said, I really like the Tower II's. I eventually couldn't go with floorstanding, and chose the MC300's, but I really loved the Tower II's.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks