Cambridge SoundWorks Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Larry Karp, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Larry Karp

Larry Karp Auditioning

Please provide feedback on the quality of Cambridge SoundWorks speakers. I am setting up a home theatre and need main speakers, a center channel speaker, in-wall back channel speakers and a sub-woofer.

Any recommendations?

2. GregBe

GregBe Second Unit

I really like their speakers. I have owned many of their satellite speakers. If you are looking to stay small, I think you will do very well with them. I compared the MC300 to Def Tech, M&K, Energy and Polk. I thought the CSW's did a much better job for both movies and music than all of the above. I currently own the M50 bookshelf speakers, the MC400 center channel and a p500 sub. I have listened to, but not owned their tower speakers as well.
    I know that CSW does not get the fair shake they deserve. It's all about the sound. If the name on the speaker does not bother you, take a good look at CSW

3. gregD

gregD Second Unit

I'll second that... CSW makes high-quality, bang-for-the-buck speakers... they have rather good bloodlines by way of the late respected speaker designer Henry Kloss.

The one area where I think you can do better, however, would be the subwoofers... try the big 3 online mfr's: Hsu, Adire, SVS.

In any event, audition as extensively as possible with loudspeakers.