What's new

Cambridge SoundWorks Newton Theater™ MC300.5 and Marantz SR5300 6.1 Channel Dolby Dig (1 Viewer)

Luigi_D

Auditioning
Need help! i just bought this system and for some reason i cannot get Surround Sound out of my cable channel like HBO, or even regular local channels. I also have a Sony Wega and a Sony DVD player. I can get surround sound out of the DVD's but not regular TV. I connected my TV using what i think is regular RCA audio cable directly to the receiver. Am i doing something wrong?Need Help!

Thank you,:frowning:

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Most likely you will need a cable or satellite box that offers an optical connection. Run that to your receiver and then run a cable (1st choice component/2nd s-video/3rd rca composite) from the monitor out on your receiver to your TV. For the DVD player run the Optical or Digital Coaxial cable to your receiver as well.

Here is a link to a wire diagram for you.
http://www.monstercable.com/hookup/i...e_receiver.gif

Luigi_D

Auditioning
Thanks Richard_B. Is that a single component cable or the one that has 4 connector? i have a fiber optical going from my DVD to the receiver (great sound) I will see about the cable box. i also think the cable is the problem. would you know since i split the incoming coax cable and fed it to straight to my TV and the other to the cable box then the TV i wonder if that also is giving me a bad cable signal.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Luigi,
A component cable looks like a typical RCA cable but is a little different. They come in a sets of 3. I am not sure what you are trying to do with your cable box cables.

If you're going to use a cable box your main F-pin connection will go straight to the box, you will then use a 2nd cable to go to the TV or possibly the VCR and then the TV from the VCR. I think Digital Cable boxes have a optical output and regular cable boxes don't so if your box does not have this you can run a set of RCA connectors from your receivers tv input to your tv output.

Digital Cable diagram
http://www.monstercable.com/hookup/i...ableHookup.gif

Regular Cable diagram
http://www.monstercable.com/hookup/i...able_large.gif

Luigi_D

Auditioning
Thanks Richard. The cable TV antenna outlet i had that spit so that i can have PIP. One going to the AUX input on the TV and the second going to the cable box and then into one of my Video Inputs on the TV. What does the Power Center do? Does it boost my signal?

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Luigi,
The powercenter is a fancy surge protector. They make many models from really inexpensive to really expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks