What's new

Cambridge HT set (1 Viewer)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking at the Cambridge T300 HT System. I was wondering does anyone have any exp with cambridge. I have heard them before and they sound excellent. Any thoughts? Here is the link for what the setup comes with. It seems like an excellent deal and IMO the fronts sounded better then the Polk LSi15 or the 25's.

Cambridge HT T300

ChrisMcK

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if you've seen my other posts about cambridge soundworks. But I recently purchased a Megatheater system (just starting out and didn't want seperate components)Anyways, for the two fronts I have MC 200's and the center is a MC 300 and I'm very satisfied with both. As for the rears I have surround II 5.1 speakers and I'm very disappointed with them, they just sound horrible. So I'll be either getting 2 additional MC 200's to use in the rear or two additional MC 300's for the front and moving the 200's to the back (what do you think of this).
As for the receiver/dvd player - the unit was defective and needs to be returned

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Well from what I heard from the S300's. They were on the mark. Look into the S300's they are multipole and can also be used as very good fronts or surrounds depending on your taste or need.

Shamus

Auditioning
I have purchased 2 sets of CSW HT systems. I’m completely sold on them. The first set was, I think, back in 94 when I bought the Ensemble II mains, center channel plus, sub woofer II, and cant remember the surrounds. An excellent system that I had to leave with the wife Mk I.
So, after a year of HT hiatus, I just bought the CSW T500 system. Two words- LOVE IT! The mains rock all the way from quiet to way loud. The MC 500 center is really a main masquerading as a center and the S300s do there job as advertised. Plus you cant beat CSW support. It seems like a lot of hifi shops have some kind of attitude that I just don’t have time for. I haven’t found that at CSW.
Give them a try. You can always sent them back. By the way, you may want to check into the availability of their open box items. I did it and got a great discount on the T500s. The only flaw was a corner ding on the back of a main. You may be able to get the 500s for the price of a 300.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks