What's new

Cambridge Center Channel Plus (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Has anyone had any experience with this CC? I need something that has a low profile and the dimensions of this speaker are perfect, but how does it sound?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I have two of these. One in my original HT, and one I bought for my mom. After upgrading, I gave the other one to my brother.

My opinion? It's good for the price and for what you are looking for (low dimentions and profile). At the time I owned it, I thought it sounded damn good, especially for the price. After upgrading to an all Paradigm Ref setup however, I think the Center Channel Plus has it's limitiations. It's good for dialog and that's about it. It has trouble with accurate reproduction of music (for it's far from full range) and it also has what I feel is substandard output volume wise.

Mind you, the Paradigm CC is 4X the price of the Center Channel plus, but with the tremendous amount of center channel activity not only for movies and TV, but for the high res music formats (SACD/DVD-A), I would suggest a slightly higher quality speaker.

It's very good when mated with other sat/sub systems, especially Cambridge's own Ensemble sets, but in more higher end setup, there are better options, even if you have to sacrifice the speakers asthetic qualities.

Just my .02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks