Cambridge Audio D500SE DEAL!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jason.Soko, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko Stunt Coordinator

I had to let you guys know about www.audiolab.com D500SE's for $350 and FREE SHIPPING. Insane price for an even more insane cd player. I've been shopping for a new cd player forever and the D500SE was a little out of my price range. Then I found it here. Got it yesterday and hooked it up. OH MY GOD. I had to check that these were actually my speakers. The imaging and separation of instruments is incredible.

2. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I just bought the 300se for 299.00. Oh well I could always upgrade the dac to 500se specs. Good players without a doubt.

3. James RD

James RD Supporting Actor

Great price! It will sound even better after it's broken in.

4. MartyK

MartyK Agent

Jason,

Nice find! I was reading reviews at audioreview.com and one of the reviewers noted that the transport was noisy. Can you hear the transport when it's working?

Thanks,

Marty

5. Jason.Soko

There is virtually no noise when the song is playing unless you put you ear like directly against it. As far as skipping between tracks, there is a slight click sound, but that is it. That is about the only thing I can notice. Do yourself a favor and get the silver color, it is SWEET looking. It's a brighter silver color with a texturized finish, almost sparkly. Very slick, especially the indiglo blue display.

6. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

How was the service from Audiolab? Would you recommend doing business with them?

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I've been in Audiolab's store, but haven't bought from them. Their salespeople are friendly and knowledgable, and I will continue to head in their when I am looking for gear. They carry some great products and have great prices.

Jason,

Out of curiosity, what were you using for CDs before?

8. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

Thanks.

9. Jason.Soko

I had a Sony DVD player, and digital input from my computer. So this is pretty much my first REAL cd player. The DACs are noticeably MUCH better than the Marantz DAC's within the receiver. As far as Audiolabs service, they were very good over the phone and shipped quickly. I will admit the killer price was what brought me to them though.

10. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Jason does the CD players remote have a power button or is it a hard button on the player itself?

11. Jason.Soko

Unfortunately it is a hard button on the player. That is about my only beef with it. Slight oversight considering the quality though.

12. Aaron E. Smith

Aaron E. Smith Stunt Coordinator

I've been a long-time window-shopper at Audiolab. Dave, the owner, has always been friendly and patient, even when I was a poor college student with more desire than cash; so when I decided to purchase a seven speaker system last year I went to Audiolab. I'm very happy with them and I'll give them more of my business in the future.

Oh, and no, I'm not associated with them in any way.

13. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jason, no question that the D500SE is a big improvement over the Sony DVD player/receiver combo. Well done. Enjoy the music!

14. Cary P

Cary P Stunt Coordinator

I believe the 300SE CD player is only $199 through Audio Advisor. Use coupon WN812FS for free shipping.