What's new

Cambridge Audio D500SE DEAL! (1 Viewer)

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
I had to let you guys know about www.audiolab.com D500SE's for $350 and FREE SHIPPING. Insane price for an even more insane cd player. I've been shopping for a new cd player forever and the D500SE was a little out of my price range. Then I found it here. Got it yesterday and hooked it up. OH MY GOD. I had to check that these were actually my speakers. The imaging and separation of instruments is incredible.

MarkO

Second Unit
I just bought the 300se for 299.00. Oh well I could always upgrade the dac to 500se specs. Good players without a doubt.

MartyK

Agent
Jason,

Nice find! I was reading reviews at audioreview.com and one of the reviewers noted that the transport was noisy. Can you hear the transport when it's working?

Thanks,

Marty

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
There is virtually no noise when the song is playing unless you put you ear like directly against it. As far as skipping between tracks, there is a slight click sound, but that is it. That is about the only thing I can notice. Do yourself a favor and get the silver color, it is SWEET looking. It's a brighter silver color with a texturized finish, almost sparkly. Very slick, especially the indiglo blue display.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
How was the service from Audiolab? Would you recommend doing business with them?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I've been in Audiolab's store, but haven't bought from them. Their salespeople are friendly and knowledgable, and I will continue to head in their when I am looking for gear. They carry some great products and have great prices.

Jason,

Out of curiosity, what were you using for CDs before?

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
I had a Sony DVD player, and digital input from my computer. So this is pretty much my first REAL cd player. The DACs are noticeably MUCH better than the Marantz DAC's within the receiver. As far as Audiolabs service, they were very good over the phone and shipped quickly. I will admit the killer price was what brought me to them though.

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately it is a hard button on the player. That is about my only beef with it. Slight oversight considering the quality though.

Aaron E. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron E. Willson-Smith
I've been a long-time window-shopper at Audiolab. Dave, the owner, has always been friendly and patient, even when I was a poor college student with more desire than cash; so when I decided to purchase a seven speaker system last year I went to Audiolab. I'm very happy with them and I'll give them more of my business in the future.

Oh, and no, I'm not associated with them in any way.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jason, no question that the D500SE is a big improvement over the Sony DVD player/receiver combo. Well done. Enjoy the music!

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the 300SE CD player is only $199 through Audio Advisor. Use coupon WN812FS for free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks