What's new

Cambridge Audio CD and IR problems? (1 Viewer)

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Does anybody use a Cambridge Audio CD player with a Pronto remote/other learning remote?
I am considering a Cambridge Audio D500SE CD player, but read in a review at www.audioreview.com that a guy had trouble learning IR commands with his universal remote. I use a Pronto remote for everything and an IR problem would be a show stopper.
Anybody got experience with this?
Thanks in advance for your help!
-Paul

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Paul - I've got a Pronto TSU2000 and it had zero trouble learning the codes from my Cambridge Audio D500 SE remote, which is pretty rudimentary my the way. In fact, the TSU2000 has never had a problem learning from any remote that I've got. It's been very solid and trouble free. Now, I've read quite a few reports of people running into learning difficulties with the Pronto NEO, but that's a different beast. From what I understand the TSU2000 and TS1000 are pretty bulletproof.

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Thanks Doug!
I've got the TS1000, so I'll buy the Cambridge player with confidence! Thanks for your response!

Cheers,
-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks