What's new

Cambridge Audio...any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
With the release of their new Azur line, a local dealer here is clearing out their Classic series stuff for excellent prices. I'm looking into getting the A500 Integrated Amp to complement the JBL S38IIs they have (their 25 year old Marantz just took a crap; a quarter century isn't a bad lifespan though). The A500 is available here for $299CND so I'm wondering how this would compare to a Rotel or a NAD (both of which are a couple hundred dollars more expensive). I was initially looking at an H/K 3375, because they'd need a phono section and tuner as well, but the price on the Cambridge piece is quite attractive. Thoughts on what to do ?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Are the days of stereo separates long gone in favour of a more home-theatre like setup, or has noone just heard of Cambridge Audio and/or their pieces?

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking as a D500SE owner I love it! However I haven't heard any of their other gear. But for the price this CD player made a world of difference in my system.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Audio review is good, but it's open for just anyone to post, so some posts just make me wonder...

At $299 Canadian, is the Cambridge A500 a good deal, or is there something comparable that can be had for that price (or just a tad more) ?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Audio Advisor just got a special purchase of the A500 integrated amp (with remote control and 65 watts/channel) for $249.95 with no shipping charges. Now you can get a Stereophile Class C Recommended Component for less than $250.00. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks